Sunday, May 24, 2009

Andy's Test

I have no idea why I'm behind on the blog again! But lets just jump right in.

It has been a very tough time in our household. Last Sunday night we didn't sleep well at all. Andy was tossing and turning because we knew this week the scores would come out for his E-5 test. On Wednesday, we found out you could view your score and see if you made it at 2 in the morning on Thursday. Of course Andy wasn't going to be able to sleep, so we went to the midnight showing of Terminator. It was good, but I liked Star Trek better. After the movie we went to his hanger to see the results. Forty-five minutes later, he still couldn't get logged on but we figured out how we could look at home. So we went home and about another forty-five minutes later we were able to see his scores. He missed picking up E-5 by 2.31 points.

As you can imagine, there was great disappointment in the eyes of Andy. He will take the test again in September when he'll be deployed. I have to say that I am very proud of Andy. We didn't sleep hardly at all on Wednesday night, perhaps only forty minutes and he still got up and went to work with a positive attitude. Then he went to volunteer at an elementary school in town for their carnival. He is still disappointed, but he remains optimistic for the next time around.

No comments: