Making friends has been difficult as well. I am meeting new people and doing things but so many "girls" (they're 19 or so) only aspire to be what they are, a military wife. Obviously, that isn't me at all. My friend Jenn said it perfectly. You're Daisie who happens to be married to Andy who's in the Navy (not the exact words, but something like that).
Here is the funny thing though! I wanted a break from teaching so badly. But now I'd do anything to teach again. Teaching is what makes me happy and feel complete.
Now on to happier things. Andy and I went to a really nice restaurant called Haliewa Joes. I think that's how you spell it. The W is pronounced like a V. Anyway, here is the view from our table.


1 comment:
I'm sorry to hear you're homesick~ I was exactly the same way when Uncle Sam moved me and the family out of Alaska... now six years ago. Away from friends, family, friends who were more like family- it was difficult, and finding a new support system or group of gals to try to bond with was even tougher because of closed quarters of the military life. My husband outranked almost everyone elses', so people avoided me, or were guarded. Many of those who approached me were overly nosy and gossipy.
Thankfully you're in a beautiful place and can appreciate your new adventure, while coming to terms with how special and necessary your dear friends and relatives are to you. Be strong Daisy, everything will work out.
Post a Comment