Saturday, November 8, 2008

Super cold weekend

This weekend is shaping up to be quite cold. Brrr is the only word that comes to mind to describe how cold it is. And even though it has been a cold day, I did manage to do a little running around. I had lunch with my friend LaToyia at an overpriced cafe'. But the atmosphere was nice and the hot chocolate was yummy. I also got in some grocery shopping for some semi-healthy snacks. Oh, that reminds me I bought oatmeal raisin cookies; I should have one before bed! And finally I went to my old school to do a bit of volunteering. They had their annual fall carnival. I know how much work it is to put it on from my previous years of working it, so I knew they could use the help. But they seemed to have things covered, so I dipped out early.

I did get a chance to chat with my friend Jana (she's gave me the CD that had Cool Bear Hunt). I have been blessed with some very special friends and Jana is one of them. I don't see or talk with her often. She is very busy with trying to finish her teaching degree and doing interning so time is limited. But she is not too busy to check on me and I'm thankful for that.

Other friend news...my dear friend Jo is coming to town next week. I'm very excited about that. I met her through a friend in college and we'd party together. We have remained friends throughout the years and I'm so excited to see her and finally meet her boyfriend. I'll post pics!

And tomorrow is a special day. We are taking my nephew to watch Madagascar 2 tomorrow. He has only went one other time to the movie theater and that was last weekend. I'm excited! He calls the movie "move it, move it" because of one of the songs that's in the first Madagascar. He loves music and dancing.

Stay warm !

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see you Daisie! I had to see you while you were still on the mainland.

Love Jo