Monday, July 13, 2009

Week 2 down

Another week has passed! This past week Andy missed our first anniversary. He called to wish me a happy anniversary pretty close to midnight and it made me extremely happy. The first year has been full of ups and downs. Interestingly enough, our first year started and ended with him deployed and year two is starting the same way. Andy and I have many things to be grateful for in our life together and we don't forget that. One lesson we have learned this year is that marriage is a lot of work. We have become a family, a team, and have learned to compromise.

In other news...Andy passed his EAWS qualifications this week. We studied for several months for a written test and an oral board. I know that it is a huge weight off his shoulders. Now it is time to work towards that E-5 test again. This time he will have several points given to him for his test because he received such a good eval. I am hoping that since he only misses it by a few points, this will push him over the edge. Not to mention with all the new developments going on, making the extra money would help out a great deal.

Andy has also moved sites and is in a much safer place now. Also, we'll be able to communicate more often and more easily.

I suppose that is it for right now. You'll hear from me again soon. Promise!

No comments: