Saturday, July 18, 2009

Week 3 down

As of today, Andy has been gone for 3 weeks. This last week seemed to go by very quickly. We get to talk on the phone at least every other day and I am thankful for that. We email back and forth most of the time though. He is really settling into his job and he feels he has become so much better at it. I'm very proud of him. His peers and the people that are above him think very good things about him and his work.


On to other news...I feel it so freeing now that I have told everyone we are expecting. We found out we were pregnant right before Andy left for deployment. He feels lucky for this because he gets to miss out on the not so fun stuff. He gets weekly updates on what is going on with the baby and myself from babycenter.com. I haven't had any morning sickness but I have had mood swings and I'm emotional. Andy is glad not to be here for that. He says he can tell in my emails though, so he hasn't completely escaped it =).

One last sad note to share. Before Andy left, I threw up steak. I think I ate too much. Andy and Annie were joking and laughing about "wouldn't it be funny if steak makes Daisie sick because she loves it so much". Guess what! I can't eat red meat. The smell and thought of it grosses me out. I'm sad about it. Andy thinks I should just eat it, but I'm not going to. Why do something that will make me want to throw up when I don't have to?!?!

No comments: