So I have to tell you what happened today before I tell you what I've been up to. I was subbing in the 3rd grade at my beloved Eisenhower Elementary (where I used to teach). We were outside on the concrete playing a game. All the kids were in a circle and I was walking around the circle and all of a sudden (how embarrassing!), I was on the ground. Oh my gosh, yes, I fell in front of the whole class! I apparently tripped over my own feet and fell, really hard. I even skinned my knee. Thank goodness I didn't rip a hole in my new pants. And I hurt my hand when I tried to catch my fall. My hand hurts more as the day goes on. How dumb though! I can't believe I fell! At least the kids didn't laugh at me and were only concerned. I find it really funny now. It was all in slow motion. The worst of it was that I broke my new bracelet that I got. Dang it!
Now for the updates: It has been a busy time around our (my parents) house. My mom had surgery last week and my dad and I have been busy helping her. When you get older, you just don't recover that easy. Last week, everyday after school I went to visit her at the hospital and then I'd come home and get ready for bed. Pathetic I know, but I was with kindergarten and first grade and they make me so tired! I was ready for the long weekend so I could rest up and I was excited because two of my aunts (my mom's sisters) and cousin came to visit. My dad cooked up a feast for them and they cooked too. My Aunt Lil made my favorite food. Actually I had all my favorite foods this weekend. Yet another reason why my pants don't fit!
So, since my mom has been home she has been obsessed with my Nintendo DS. She got it for me as a Christmas gift and thought I didn't really need it. I play it all the time, but since I've been home she's had it in her possession. What's up with that!?!? I do have to say that I think the DS is the best thing ever. My newest game is crosswords/word searches. I love it and apparently so does my mother.
Teacher Cardigans in my Etsy Shop!
2 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment