Voting time is almost upon us and I am still undecided of who will get my vote. Lets face it, is there really a HUGE difference in the candidates. Well, in some cases yes but with the checks and balance system in place, maybe not. Sarah Palin has drummed up some enthusiasm but I often say "yes she's charismatic, but does someone you want to be friends with also mean they would make a good leader?" The answer to me is a very obvious NO. I am eager to watch the debate tonight and see how Palin does. Especially since she hasn't done very well in her prime time interviews. Do I have anything bad to say about McCain, Obama, or Bidden? Of course I do! At the end of the day I have to vote for the person that most represents me. Do any of them represent me? Hell no! Not even Palin, who is extremely conservative and I am definitely not. Who cares that she's a woman. I'm a Democrat and I won't vote for a Democrat unless I think they are a good choice. I feel that way about Palin. She doesn't get my vote just because she's a woman.
I ALSO have to think about my new role as a military wife. Who would best serve the military and keep my husband safe? Who will keep the military strong so we have job security? Republicans normally are the party that will do this. In this day in age, I think could either party afford not to keep our military strong?
This blog is to be completed at a later date. In about 15 min. the debate starts and I still have a lot of thinking to do. I'm excited to see how it all will turn out. And no matter how it does play out, it is a history making election. I love that I am able to be part of it.
Teacher Cardigans in my Etsy Shop!
2 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment