Sunday, October 18, 2009

Softball Again

Andy has been home for a week and a half and yes, we've already had two softball games. The first one only lasted about thirty minutes because Andy's team stomped them pretty badly. Andy did well for not having played for the last 3 months. He got on base both times he was up to bat and scored once.

The second game, we were not so lucky. Its the rainy season, so the rain was expected. Normally it only rains a few minutes then stops. Not this time. It started to sprinkle at the start of the game, so I put my umbrella up. Smart ass Andy said, its only sprinkling. I knew better though. In no time, we had full on rain. I told Andy, oh, its sprinkling right? I stayed on the bleachers for a little while thinking the rain would stop, but nope. So I finally make my way under to the dug out. But just about that time, the umpires called the game because of all the rain. Andy was soaked!

I made it all the way to the car and wasn't wet at all, until I had to get in the car. I realized I needed to close my umbrella, so I had to put my whole head out of the car to close it and then when I brought it back in the car I hit myself in the face with it. Sometimes, I just don't know what I'm thinking.

No comments: